Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Torah Compliant






Yesterday I had so many thoughts of what would be current and pertinent in this blog and now I have none. What a difference a day makes. So, I gave thought to the hafTorah portion (from the Book of Judges chapters 4 & 5) this past week and began to wonder. 

Not to go into a “lesson” here, just let me put it in my own words that come from convoluted thoughts. YHVH tells us over and over again, as long as we focus on Him and keep faith in His Love and Power, we have nothing to fear. So a great and bloody battle raged and when it was over, the countryside was saved by the courageous acts of a couple of women. Even the leader on the ‘men’s team openly said he would not go unless a woman would come with him. After much ado, the battle ended with another woman putting a tent peg into the temple of another leader, a man, on the enemies side. He was hiding in the lady’s tent because he was too afraid. So, he met his Waterloo at the hands of a woman wielding a hammer and a tent peg; as he slept she drove it into his temple. 

The celebrations came and all jumped for joy and danced and sang and had a great time. We read that for the next forty years they would live in peace. However, because Israel turned her back and did not follow the Word of Yah, YHVH turned them over to the enemy for about seven years. They were not happy campers now! They just didn’t get it. They were about to take over the Promised Land but they just couldn’t seem to turn from their old nature. They even questioned how could their/our Elohim treat people this way? YHVH was working diligently to keep His covenant with His people, but His people were not having anything to do with it.

How close are we to the Promised Land? What more can we do to assure safe passage? Do we even ‘get it’ that the Father wants obedience more than sacrifice? What are we sacrificing anyway? What have we got that we created that we could let go of and feel the effects of true sacrifice? Someone said to me a few days ago; “I finally learned that nothing is mine. It sure makes my sleep a lot more restful.” Ah yes - a peaceful sleep; nothing to think about but serving Him. 

Maybe my convoluted interpretation isn’t as accurate as it could be, but it will serve its purpose for this evening. When all is going well and life seems to be a bowl of cherries, it is easy to regress and pick up our old ways. We might not pick up all the old ways; just enough to show the Father that His Work is not done! We need a good dose of “Anti-Egypt” to clear our bowels. That is the seven year turn-over. Imagine now, we have enough Torah in us to make us realize that we don’t want to ‘go back’ to the ‘old man’, but not enough Torah to prevent a slight stumble. Our Father says He will not dwell with His Righteous Ones alongside the defiled. How on earth does He put up with us? He won’t be in the same place as the profane, and we only stumble a little bit for a short time and now we believe we have a mix of the righteous and the profane in one body. Well, for me, it doesn’t work that way. Either the hands are clean or they are dirty. No gray substance here. 

Let’s see if I can make sense out of what I am saying. Take the diabetic dietetic diet…..I’ll trade you one bread for two quarters of potatoes, but just give me the whole potato. I don’t know what the conversions are anymore, the Father took all that away from me more than thirty years ago. But what is wrong with just a little bit more potato? What if the potato was small this day and the other day it was huge? That’s not asking much. But it is not sticking to the rules. Torah says, have no other gods before me. Well, what constitutes a god? How much starch is in the qtr of potato as compared to the bread? See, if we don’t check things out, and become responsible for ourselves, we could miss the mark entirely. When we just let things ride, we might not ride into the Promised Land.

Before I married, I sat with my Bride-to-be and we exchanged questions. We uncovered and discovered all that we would ever want to know about each other. We were so much like minded that it was not a threat to our future together. We wanted to make sure we knew who we were going to spend ‘eternity’ with. Not for our self, but for our mate. How can I please her if I don’t know what pleases her? The Father says the same thing. He asks us to get to know Him. Dig into all issues and uncover and discover the things that not only please Him, but the things He says He wants nothing to do with. We only need to dissect the pleasing entities; the ones He wants nothing to do with, all we need to know is to stay away from them. Don’t pick up the habits of the pagans in the land I am giving you. As for the dealing with the answers to all the questions, both my wife and I believe that yesterday is gone. Live in the now. What occurred thirty years ago was thirty years ago. The Father gives us one of the greatest gifts we could ever receive… the gift of repentance. Thus, I heard you, I saw you and I will not remember your sins…go and sin no more. My mate asked me, Are you through with that kind of behavior now? I said yes, and she too said yes… and we are now rehearsing together for the Great Wedding Feast. Thank You Abba for placing her in my path and for showing me You do forgive and forget. Now, I am learning to truly forget.

Yes, I have nothing unless I have You. What a restful and peaceful sleep I get. My Elohim, You and only You can make that happen. Yes, I want to please my Bride. Getting to know You, getting to know all about You! (Go ahead, sing along, be happy)

Shalom for now,
Pinchas, 
a/k/a Frankly speaking all the time…

No comments:

Post a Comment