Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Trusting, Trusting, Trusting





Messianic Jews 11:1-2 Trusting is being confident of what we hope for, convinced about things we do not see. It was for this that Scripture attested the merit of the people of old.

Messianic Jews (Hebrews) 12:1-4
1 So then, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us, too, put aside every impediment - that is, the sin which easily hampers our forward movement - and keep running with endurance in the contest set before us, 2 looking away to the Initiator and Completer of that trusting, Yahshua - Who, in exchange for obtaining the joy set before Him, endured execution on a stake as a criminal, scorning the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of Elohim. 3 Yes, think about Him who endured such hostility against Himself from sinners, so that you won't grow tired or become despondent. 4 You have not yet resisted to the point of shedding blood in the contest against sin.
 
Each Shabbat, we start our service with an interactive reading of Psalm 150. To announce that this is about to happen, someone calls out “Let me hear your Hebrew!” which is followed by reciting Psalm 150 in Hebrew and English. The ‘commands’ contained in the Psalm are followed with the congregation responding as the Psalm says; playing the instruments, dancing, etc. All the directions are followed with rejoicing and happiness. Then we hear a declaration: “Okay Silver Trumpets, knock down that wall of impediment to our freedom of worship”. And the trumpets and shofars and everything else that makes a joyful noise is sounded!

We read in Messianic Jews a very similar declaration. We are told to put aside every impediment –that is, the sin which easily hampers our forward movement. We do this to keep running and enduring all that may be in our path in order to achieve the great contest before us We focus on YHVH and Yahshua. “Yahshua, who in exchange for obtaining the joy set before him endured execution on a stake as a criminal, scorning the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of Elohim.” Have we not already learned that should we focus only on the Father and His Faithful Son, that we too may be included at the gathering by His right hand?
Then what stops us? What can be more powerful than our Heavenly Father? Who can be more honest and trustworthy than our Mashiach? For me the answer is nothing and no one. Yes, that is the answer to the question. Then why would I let myself get “down” and saddened just because events in my life are not necessarily the events that I would want to happen? 

A long time ago, last September, was when I had the accident with the trencher. No, I have no desire to go into that again, even if it is not over. I only want to clear my head of a recurring thought that has been spinning around. This is my way of speaking to YHVH, another person, and me….fastest way in the world to reduce any negative or mood depressing thought. Next week should be the end of this seven month ordeal except for a brief healing period after surgery. So now is the time that for some reason I have begun reflecting. No harm in doing some reflecting now is there? Except, reflection without the presence of Yahweh Elohim means I have taken my eyes off that which gives me the ability to trust. After I replayed this entire scenario of the accident that led to the loss of blood flow to my lower legs and feet, I got hung up on one thought. At one point in time during the third angioplasty, I was two minutes into a four minute bleed out. Prior to going into the cath lab, I said my very brief prayer asking YHVH to be with me, as I did each time before. Now, for the last four or five days, I have thought very heavily on how close I came to not being here. It never troubled me, that I know of, before now. In fact, I was asked if I would let the surgeons go into that leg one more time. Sure, go ahead. I trust you. Even asked them to go into my right leg so I could possibly walk with a little less discomfort. I think they were more hesitant than I. The right leg is yet to be opened. 

Anyway, what I am saying and a bit embarrassed to reveal, but I must so I can clear my head…..I now am aware of how easy it is to revert back to my distrusting self. I pray to YHVH to strengthen me and please stay with me. There will be a brief, 15 minute surgical procedure performed at the end of next week. Then within a few weeks, the final procedure to correct my blood flow in the right leg will take place. Then, with YHVH’s blessing, I will be back on my feet and able to run about as has been my habit since birth. Thank you Father for these opportunities. The blessings You have bestowed upon me are many and I pray that You please stay at my side…. I have no desire to turn from You… Thank you for all and especially Yahshua haMashiach. 
 
As it is written in Proverbs 3:11-12, My son, don’t despise YHVH’s discipline or resent His reproof; for YHVH corrects those He loves like a father who delights in his son.

Shalom, shalom

Love you and thanks for being there,

Pinchas a/k/a Frankly Speaking All The Time

No comments:

Post a Comment