Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hazak, hazak, v’nit’chazek!



Events of these past couple of years have left me dizzy.  The pace is quickening and down time is precious.  Tasks seem to be growing rather than diminishing and yet there is a calmness and peace about each individual day.  When I realized that I had not began this little blog last night, I wondered how the time is flying by so fast. Is it my age?

Many years ago when I was a youngster and believing in all those holidays that weren’t truly His days, I recall the longest time of the year was between thanksgiving and christmas.  It took forever for the turkey to be digested and the pagan celebration to arrive.  I have since come to my senses and no longer recognize those events.  Now the longest time of my year seems to be from Chanukah to Passover.  Even counting the Omer is rather rapid.

As Yocheved and I begin to plan the events of Sukkot we parallel our thoughts with Chanukah and the Rivers in the Desert Conference.  Someone asked me a week or so ago when we could “get together” for a couple of days and just be.  My answer was, without thinking, probably February.  I was promptly reminded that this is only August.  The shortest period of the year for me then is from August to February.  I am so grateful that our Father programmed us scheduled down time to do nothing but sit, relax and focus on Him.  What a vacation schedule He has outlined! 

It seems to me that if I can have unfinished chores but just stop in my tracks for our Father when the sun goes down and  the Feasts begin, I could do the same for others.  What prevents me from just stopping in my tracks when someone asks when can we get together for a couple of days and just be?  I know that chores must be done and we must be good stewards of His Kingdom. I also know we are to love one another.  The chores will be there!  I want them to go away!  Yes, I am still trying to finish the remodeling of the interior of the house!  Yes it has been two years (or so) now…Yes I do remember why I started and YES! I knew when I began that it would be a close call.  The longest period of time I have is so short and I am too stubborn to give in! 

Hazak, hazak, v’nit’chazek! Be strong, be strong, and let us be strengthened. It really doesn’t matter that there is only a little bit to do.  What does matter is I am no longer devoted to me and “my accomplishments”.  I am devoted to Him and recognize all accomplishments belong to Him. Sometimes I laugh and say if YHVH wanted the baseboards back in place, they would be in place!   I want the baseboards back in place! But, I can’t see them in my sleep, and other things are more important when I am awake!  So why do I keep having dreams of the house being finished?  If it was finished I’d just have to do something else during my “downtime”.  It is during my downtime that I plan and prepare to start another cycle of rehearsals (Mo’edim) and being about the Father’s business.

So, it’s not a bad deal!  The house will be finished right on schedule.
Barukh attah YHVH Elohenu Melekh ha olam!

Shalom, shalom
Pinchas, a/k/a Frankly Speaking All The Time

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, agreed =)
    love this:
    " What does matter is I am no longer devoted to me and “my accomplishments”. I am devoted to Him and recognize all accomplishments belong to Him. "
    Hazak, hazak dear Pinchas!

    ReplyDelete