Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Stuff That Makes Me Think





This all started out so simple and easy. Then I started looking for something to back up what I was thinking. Well, I guess I have a lot to learn! No backers that I could shake from the trees! Take for example: When I was asked how can I say that Yeshua was here from the beginning and did not necessarily have to go through the Bethlehem experience, I got a big non-verbal, non-physical slap in the face. So, me being me, I can’t let it lay. So I decided to pursue this line of thought because I thoroughly believe it; but again, me being me, I can unlearn and learn again. So, I went looking for some of that “show it to me in writing and I will believe it” proof to offer to anyone who wants. That is, those of little faith!

So, I went looking and ended up with Targum Jonathan; and in Genesis 1 we find the following (I did not add to or take away, but I did cut through some the readings to get to the point, to prevent this from becoming a Scripture Study and I am the last one to tell you what you have read… I have hard enough time telling you what I have read).

From Targum Jonathan:
and the darkness called He night; and He made it that in it the creatures might have rest. And it was evening, and it was morning, the First Day.
And the Lord said, Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate between the waters above and the waters beneath.
And the Lord made the expanse, upbearing it with three fingers, between the confines of the heavens and the waters of the oceans, and separated between the waters which were below the expanse, and the waters which were above, in the collection (or covering) of the expanse; and it was so. And the Lord called the expanse the Heavens, And it was evening, and it was morning, the Second Day.
[skip down a bit now] …And He blessed them, saying, Increase and multiply, and fill the waters of the seas, and let the fowl multiply upon the earth. And it was evening, and it was morning, Day the Fifth.
And the Lord said, Let the soil of the earth bring forth the living creature according to his kind; the kind that is clean and the kind that is unclean; cattle, and creeping thing, and the creature of the earth, according to his kind. And it was so. And the Lord made the beast of the earth after his kind, the clean and the unclean, and cattle after their kind, and every reptile of the earth after its kind, the clean and the unclean. And the Lord saw that it was good.
And the Lord said to the angels who ministered before Him, who had been created in the second day of the creation of the world, Let us make man in Our image, in Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl which are in the atmosphere of heaven, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every reptile creeping upon the earth. And the Lord created man in His Likeness….


So, the way I could read this, Yeshua, one of the angels that ministered to Him, was created on the second day. But it does not say that! It says, YHVH said to the angels who ministered before Him, with Yeshua present, “Hey gang! I have a great idea. Let us make man in Our image, in Our likeness… The implication here is that everyone appeared (looked) the same as YHVH, and Yeshua was there from the very beginning. Look at the very beginning, again...

Targum Jonathan: 1. At the beginning (min Avella) the Lord created the heavens and the earth. And the earth was vacancy and desolation, solitary of the sons of men, and void of every animal; and darkness was upon the face of the abyss, and the Spirit of mercies from before the Lord breathed upon the fce of the waters.
[JERUSALEM TARGUM. In wisdom (be-hukema) the Lord created. And the earth was vacancy and desolation, and solitary of the sons of men, and void of every animal; and the Spirit of mercies from before the Lord breathed upon the face of the waters.]
And he Lord said, Let there be light and to enlighten above; and at once there was light. And the Lord beheld the light, that it was good; and the Lord divided between the light and the darkness. And the Lord call the light Day; and He made it that the inhabitors of the world might labor by it; and the darkness called He night; and He made it that in it the creatures might have rest. And it was evening, and it was morning, the First Day.
Here we have the first instance of the Father separating the dark from the light. We soon learn, as we explore, that the darkness can only occur with the absence of light, and that for absolute darkness to be, there can be no light whatsoever. And since we have learned that He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, then we can safely deduce that He will not go away for a very long time and so we will not have to suffer in total darkness. … and the Lord call the light Day; and He made it that the inhabitors of the world might labor by it. This also shows the strength of our Heavenly Creator.  In the beginning, it was all dark… He overpowered the dark with the light and He has maintained that His light will never go out… thus darkness can not succeed when we look to the light. The initial development was an earth without form and void…He made a slight adjustment, for us… you and me!

So, I have gotten very far away from the comment by the man who said Yeshua was not here until His human form birth. He also said there were no days until the ‘sixth’ day, as we call it.

Well, for me, for now, I am latching on to the teachings I receive from a very understanding Orthodox Jew – it was he who showed me that Yeshua appears on every page of the Bible. Yes, we refer to Him as the Messiah, and we understand most of the already fulfilled prophecies that make Him possible, and my Orthodox friend, would not go that far, but he went far enough to show me the truth of the Word that I am studying. (My friend did not denounce Yeshua either)

Lets call it a day on this; I have more questions than answers right now.   He called the darkness night so we creatures can rest.  Laila tov.

Shalom and love you one and all.
Pinchas, a/k/a Frankly Speaking all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment